Saturday, January 22, 2011

The first week of classes is done! One down, fifteen to go! Overall, I think it will be a good semester. I like my physiology class a lot, even though it's a lot of work, and I think physiology lab will be pretty fun. Organic Chem II will be pretty challenging but I like my prof WAY more than the one from last semester. O Chem lab.....ugh. Not looking forward to that one at all, but at least it's only one semester, right? And then my honors seminar might be fun. Maybe. We'll see- it's going to be more work than I anticipated!

In other news, last night I went to the basketball game against BYU with my friend Alyssa! We started off sitting by ourselves but then we met up with some of her friends from work and sat with them. It was so much fun, especially after a long day of sitting at a desk (since I had to work yesterday). I am pretty sure that the CSU crowd pretty much appalled the BYU people. Is the thing. There were a lot of families there from BYU and I'm pretty sure the parents didn't totally appreciate all of the vulgar and offensive chants from our side. Oh well.

Also? Can I just say that I am COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY OVER the new people at the gym? They are always in my way and they don't know the rules for the locker rooms and equipment. The other night I went to a kickboxing class and I almost had to cut someone for the chance to get a locker. Annoying. Tonight I am probably just going for a regular workout, and then tomorrow is either kickboxing again or something called Cardio Blast Step. I also might rent a locker- that way I won't have to fight for one anymore, plus I can keep some basic shower-y things in there in case I am so inclined.

(I just reread this post and I'm pretty sure it could qualify as The Most Boring Blog Post To Ever Appear On The Internet. Organic chem, BYU, and gym lockers? WOOOOOO exciting!)

You know what I am super freaking excited about? Being an ORIENTATION LEADER!!! We have our staff kickoff this Wednesday night- which, can I just tell you about this coming Wednesday? Here is what Wednesday is going to look like:
8 am- Physiology Recitation
9 am- Organic Chem
10 am- Physiology lecture
11 am- Lunch
12 pm- Organic Chem lab (for three ridiculous hours)
3 pm- Honors Seminar
5 pm- Leave seminar early to go to Alt Break training
7 pm- Leave Alt Break training early to go to OL kickoff
9 pm- Come home from OL kickoff, promptly pass out.

OMG. We will see if I can survive this ridiculousness. Anyway. Orientation Leader. SO EXCITED. After our kickoff, we have our first staff retreat in Estes Park next weekend! I am really looking forward to getting to know all of the other OLs, since we'll be spending so much time together in the coming months. Plus it'll be good to get me out of my normal friend group for a while and get to know some other people around campus.

Okay, I am going to wrap up this insanely boring and unfunny post now but I may post again later out of boredom and procrastination this afternoon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment